Children love making their own booklets and this clever printable booklet allows you to do just that! It has the Albanian flag on it and plenty of room for writing and drawing. There is a version without lines too if you want to focus on artistic endeavours.
Discover some interesting facts about Albania, a mountainous Balkan country, which you can share with the children, and enjoy our collection of flag printables below...
Valbona Valley National Park in mountainous Albania
Learn about Albania
- The Republic of Albania is a mountainous Balkan nation in south eastern Europe.
- Sitting across the Adriatic Sea from Italy, Albania was a totalitarian state which remained isolated from modern Western culture until the 1990s.
- In Northern Albania, the Dinaric Alps rise to over 2,500 metres and are so remote that many villages are abandoned during the harsh winters. Known as the 'Accursed Mountains’, the region is home to the most southerly glaciers in Europe.
- Tirana, the capital, is a colourful, vibrant and noisy city, undergoing a major facelift with newly painted buildings and walkable squares.
- Albania’s national hero, Skanderberg, fought the Ottomans in the 15th century and is is depicted on his horse as a statue in Skanderberg Square. His name derives from Alexander the Great, who came from nearby Macedonia and fought the local Illyrians.
- Southern Albania shares a coastline and culture with Ionian Greece. Popular beach resorts such as Drymades are packed in the summer.
- The southern town of Berat was granted Unesco World Heritage status in 2008 due to its Ottoman period architecture.
- During the totalitarian period, British comedian Norman Wisdom became a local star as his films were almost the only Western movies shown in local cinemas.
- Albania’s International Airport is named 'Nene Tereza' after famous Albanian Mother Teresa., who looked after the poor of Calcutta.
About the Albanian Flag
The striking flag of Albania features a black silhouette of a double-headed eagle on a red background. The eagle is of heraldic origin, and said to have been used by Skanderberg, Albania's 16th Century national hero, on his flag.
Our Albania Resources
These bookmarks are great to hand out to children, or use when you are studying the countries of the world. You can print them in colour or black and white, and with or without the world Albania.
Have a go at colouring this flag of Albania. It is a very bright red colour with a black double headed eagle in the centre.
Find out the answers to fill in this fact-finding worksheet about Albania. We've also provided a map of Europe and asked kids to locate Albania on the map. Tricky!
Why not make your own jigsaw of the flag of Albania? It has a detailed eagle design in the middle which will be fun to put back together again. Its easy to make: just use our instructions and cutting guides.
You can make your own flag of Albania with this printable. Use the images seperately, or glue them together for a double sided flag. There are three sizes available.
Where in the world is Albania? Here is a location worksheet which helps children discover, and remember, its location within the continent of Europe. Choose the level appropriate for your child.
This notebooking page can be used if you are studying Albania and need somewhere to record your findings. It features the Albanian flag and there are two versions. One has just lines for writing and a blank space for any drawings you need to do. The other version is just lined.