This bumper set of alphabetical order word cards is great to keep kids busy and test their brain power! There are 12 sets of ten words with different themes such as animals, clothing and sports.
Alphabetical Order Cards
Our Alphabetical Order Cards have been designed so that you can print them (onto white or coloured card or paper) and slice quickly in half, to hand out to the kids. The children cut out the words and then arrange them into alphabetical order - either on the table or perhaps using one of our Alphabetical Order 10 Word Bases, also available below. You can download the alphabetical order cards singly or as a pack.
Ideas for Using Our Alphabetical Order Cards
- Each page comes with two strips of cards. Slice them up and give them to the kids to cut out.
- Kids try to arrange the cards in alphabetical order. Make it a solo challenge, or race!
- Use one of our bases, printed onto paper, and get the kids to paste their words in the write order.
- Alternatively, ask them to copy the words into the boxes in the correct order for writing practice too.
- Print the bases onto card (and laminate). Use them over and over again with different sets of our cards
- Make your own cards. We have a blank card printable for you to use below.
- Provide blank cards for the kids to write down their own sets of words with which to challenge their friends!
Here's a list of ten classroom words to try and put in alphabetical order. They can be printed, cut out and used with our alphabetical order base. This is a great back to school activity!
There are two lists of animals to put into alphabetical order on this worksheet - African and Australian. There are some really interesting animal names here, making this a slightly more challenging alphabetical order puzzle!
Can you put these animals into alphabetical order? There are two lists of ten words in each, farm animals and pets. You can use our alphabetical order base for this activity. Kids could try this on their own or in a race against the clock.
Here's a list of ten clothing words for you to try putting into alphabetical order. We have an alphabetical order base to use with this activity, print out the base, print the words from this sheet and cut them out - then try putting them in order on the base!
What's your favourite colour? Here's a list of ten colour words to put into alphabetical order, maybe your favourite is on this list? Cut the out the colour words then use with our alphabetical order base.
Here are two lists of words to put into alphabetical order - ten fruits and ten vegetables! If you like, you can cut out the words and place them in the correct alphabetical order on our alphabetical order base.
This worksheet has two lists of number words, with ten in each list. Can the kids put these number words into alphabetical order? Great as a solo activity or as a classroom challenge, maybe against the clock? Can be used with our Alphabetical Order base.
Can you place these sporty words into alphabetical order? Print the worksheet, cut out the words then try placing them in order on our alphabetical order base.