This was an experiment to see how the ink in our tissue paper would transfer itself to the lovely, textured watercolour paper. We ended up with some very pretty brightly-coloured paper which we cut into hearts for our home-made Valentine's Day cards.
You will need:
- Non-colourfast tissue paper
- Watercolour paper
- Rip the tissue paper into pieces.
- Paint the paper with water.
- Stick the tissue paper to the water.
Beginning to stick the tissue paper onto the watercolour paper
Sticking more paper on
- When the paper is covered, paint over with another layer of water.
- Leave to dry.
Beginning to dry
- When the tissue paper is completely dry, peel it off the paper.
- Cut hearts from the paper.
- You could stick the hearts to cards, use them for gift tags or bunting or simply display on a wall.
Our bleeding tissue paper hearts on display