Here's a fun home-made game you can play in the winter - perfect for the Winter Olympics too! It's also an excellent game for asthmatic children, encouraging them to blow out steadily.
You will need:
- Cocktail sticks or toothpicks
- Coloured paper
- Glue stick
- Playdough or sticky tack
- To play: a small, light ball (or round sweet) and drinking straws
- To make the flags, fold a strip of paper about 4cm (1 1/2 inches) wide in half.
- Cut triangles along the length of paper so that they have a straight edge on the fold and will open into diamonds.
- Glue the two layers of each triangle together with a cocktail stick in the fold.
A cocktail stick flag
- Set up the course by standing up the flags in blobs of playdough or sticky tack. Arrange them in pairs to form "gates".
- Blow the ball from one side of the table to another, passing through as many gates as possible!