Children who are learning to sew will love having a go at this gorgeous cow softie, made from felt pieces and wiggle eyes! Who could resist this lovely moo cow?
You will need:
- Black, white and pink felt
- Needle and thread
- Fabric glue
- Wiggle eyes
- Fabric stuffing
- Our template (below)
- Cut two head shapes and two horns from white felt.
- Cut two black felt ears and one pink felt nose.
- Embroider two crosses on the nose as nostrils. Sew the nose on to one of the face pieces.
- Cut some black patches and sew them to the face.
- Sew around the edge of the face, sewing the ears and horns into place as you go. Leave a small gap to lightly stuff the head, and then sew closed. Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Cut 4 legs from white felt. Cut 2 hooves from black felt.
- Sew the hooves to two of the legs. Sew a line up the middle of the legs.
- Sew each of the legs with a hoof on to one of the plain legs. Leave the top open and lightly stuff the end.
- Make the tail by cutting the long strip from white felt and the end of the tail from black felt. Stitch them together.
- Cut two bodies from white felt. Cut some patches from black felt and sew on to the body.
- Trim off any over-hanging black pieces.
- Sew the head to the patchy body piece.
- This is what that looks like from behind!
- Sew the two body pieces together. Sandwich the legs and tail between the two body pieces and sew into place as you go. Leave a small gap. Lightly stuff the body. Sew closed.