If you can dig out a paper cup and a polystyrene ball as well as some simple craft cupboard supplies, the kids will be able to assemble this cheerful paper cup pigs for themselves! It's a fun craft to do for a farmyard topic, to make a display for The Three Little Pigs, or for Year of the Pig.
You will need:
- Polystyrene ball *
- Paper cup *
- Pink acrylic paint *
- Pink craft foam
- Wiggle eyes
- Pink button
- Pink pipecleaner
* For the second pig below, we used an old pink playpit ball and a pink cup so we didn't need to paint
- Glue the ball to the base of the cup.
- Paint the cup and ball pink and leave to dry.
- Cut two ears from pink foam. Glue to the ball.
- Cut two trotters from the pink foam. Glue to the paper cup.
- Glue on the eyes and the button for a snout.
- Cut the pipecleaner in half and coil to form a curly tail. Make a small hole in the back of the cup, push the pipecleaner through and twist to secure.