This beautiful cockatoo collage is made simply with a few pieces of paper and some cupcake cases - but won't he look handsome on display!
You will need:
2 white cupcake cases
Scrap of yellow paper
Yellow and black felt tip pens
- Flatten one of the cupcake cases and cut in half.
- Glue one half to the paper to be the cockatoo's body.
- Snip along the fluted edge of the other half and then glue to the paper to be the wing. See our photo below.
Cupcake case cockatoo - body pieces
- Flatten the second cupcake case.
- Carefully cut the base from the case leaving a small piece of the side still attached.
- Take the side you have removed from the cupcake case and cut this into 3. Snip along the edges.
- Glue these to the bottom of the body, one over the other, overlapping slightly to make the tail.
Cupcake case cockatoo - tail pieces
- On the piece with the base still attached, colour the side of the case that remains yellow and snip along the edge to make the crest.
Cupcake case cockatoo - head piece, before colouring
- Glue the base to the top of the body to form the head.
- Cut a beak and leg from the yellow paper and glue in place.
- Draw on an eye.