This lovely owl craft involves sticking - always a favourite activity for kids! And WHOO would have known you could make such a lovely owl from cupcake cases! Instructions below.
You will need:
Card or paper
Large cake cases
2 mini muffin cases
- Cut the centre from several cake cases so you have strips of the folded sides.
- Cut two small pieces from these strips to form the feet. Glue to the card towards the bottom.
- Cut a strip that is a little longer than the two feet. Glue above the feet so it overlaps. Refer to our photograph.
- Cut and glue on further strips in the same way to build up the body.
- To make the wings, squash a cake case flat and then cut in half. Glue on to the card.
- Squash the 2 small muffin cases and glue on to the owl as the eyes.
- Finish by drawing on pupils.
Use a larger piece of card to start with and fold in half before gluing your own onto the front. A perfect birthday card for an owl-lover!