This softie sewing project is a lovely one for a beginner. You can vary the size of your Scotties. Blow up our template and cut out a really large one to make a cushion, use a tiny Scottie to hang on a keychain, or something in between!
You will need:
Needle and thread
- Fold your felt in half or place two pieces together, then use one of our templates to cut two dogs from felt. Cut a small length of ribbon for the loop, and another to tie around your Scottie's neck.
- Fold the ribbon in half to make a loop and pin it between the two felt dogs in the middle of their back, matching edges carefully.
- Sew around the outside of the dogs with a neat running stitch, starting about one quarter of the way in on the bottom edge and finishing on the same bottom edge, making sure to keave a small gap through which to stuff the dog. Catch the ribbon in place as you stitch.
- Gently stuff the dog, pushing the stuffing into the corners with a blunt pencil if necessary, and sew the gap closed.
- Tie a bow with ribbon around the dog's neck.