Print and colour the flag of Mauritania, using a dark green for the background and yellow for the details.
Learn some interesting facts about Mauritani and then print out our map and flags. Why not have a go at our colouring flag and location worksheets too? They are a fun way to learn about this African country.
Learn about Mauritania
- The Islamic Republic of Mauritania is a large western African country
- Mauritania shares a border with Senegal, Mali, Western Sahara and Algeria and was part of French West Africa from1904.
- This largely desert country has a population around of 3.7 million with Arabs and Berbers in the north and black Africans in the south.
- The capital city Nouakchott was a small fishing village until independence in 1958. Named after a Berber word for ‘place of the winds’, it is now a sprawling city with a population of nearly 1 million, which is constantly threatened by shifting sand dunes.
- You can buy Saharan meteorites in the local market in the capital!
- It is a very hot dry country, with average temperatures over 30 degrees celsius all year. That's hot!
- Favourite local drinks include camel milk and avocado smoothies.
The Mauritania Flag
Our Mauritania Resources
The Mauritania flag features a gold star and crescent on a green field background. We have four different sizes to print...
There are two versions of this Mauritania location worksheet. The first is guided, and the second is blank and much harder.
Use our simple outline map with Mauritania shaded in red to find out its location and surrounding countries within Africa.