This modelling clay monster craft is a great craft idea for little ones, because anything goes!
You will need:
Self-hardening or other modelling clay in different colours
Crafty bits and pieces such as googly eyes to decorate
We can't really provide instructions for this monster craft - because your monster can be whatever you can imagine! Your child might want a bit of guidance ("What colour is your monster's head?" "How many arms is he going to have?") or they might have a very clear idea of what they are going to create.
If you use the right sort of clay, the hardened monster can make a really fun fridge magnet or brooch/pin. Just glue the appropriate fixing to the back when it is completely hardened. Otherwise, just put your monster on display!
- You could ask your child to make the monster a particular colour or shape.
- Write down directions for your child to follow when making the monster.
- Copy your favourite monster from a book or film.
- Older kids could try designing and drawing their monster before making him. How accurate was the planning process?
- Write a story about the finished monster.
- Turn your monster into a keyring (if you think he is stuck together