This gorgeous cow craft is simple to make using a paper plate as its base. Younger children might need some help cutting out the shapes - or you could prepare them in advance and leave them to do the sticking.
You will need:
- Paper plate
- Black paint or marker pen
- White wool
- White card
- Pink card
- Wiggle eyes
- Sticky tape
- Cut a cow's head and 4 legs from white card.
Paper plate cow's head - use as a guide for cutting and colouring
- Either paint or draw black splodges over the plate, legs and head. Colour hooves at the bottom of the legs. Use our photo as a guide.
- Fold the paper plate in half. Make a hole half way along the fold and thread a length of wool through to hang your cow up, securing with a knot inside the plate.
- To make the tail, cut 3 lengths of wool. Knot at the top. Plait them and tie a knot a couple of centimetres in from the end. Tape to the inside of the plate at one end of the fold.
- Glue the 4 legs around the rim of the plate.
- Stick the face onto the front of your cow's paper plate body.
- Cut a nose from pink card and glue to the face. Draw on the nostrils.
- Stick on the wiggle eyes.