Here's a clever way to make a rose from pipe cleaners - and we warn you that it can become quite addictive! We've used white pipe cleaners for a white rose, but you could of course use red, pink or orange and make roses for Mother's Day or Valentine's Day.
You will need:
3 white pipe cleaners
2 green pipe cleaners
- Twist one white pipe cleaner on to the end of one of the green pipe cleaners.
- Make a small loop from the white pipe cleaner, twisting it on to the green pipe cleaner.
- Continue making and twisting on more loops from the white pipe cleaner. When you come to the end of the white pipe cleaner twist on another.
The loops get slightly bigger as we work our way along the green pipe cleaner
- Make the loops slightly bigger as you work.
- When you have finished the white pipe cleaners, twist the green pipecleaner into a spiral from the end with the loops. Secure by pushing the loose end of the green pipe cleaner through the centre of the spiral. Make a leaf shape and then twist the end onto the start of the spiral to hold it all together.
- If you want a stem, twist on the second green pipe cleaner.