Our third format of handwriting worksheet for the number words provides a number to colour in and then various levels of tracing practice for the number word, ending in a blank line for the children to try writing the word on their own.
Recognising and Writing Number Words to 10
When children are comfortable writing the number symbols and counting, it is time to introduce the number words. We have a range of worksheets to help you do that below, including simple finger tracing worksheets, word tracing, and more detailed handwriting worksheets. A variety of number word cards can also be found below.
Number Words Day to Day
- Look for number words with the kids when you are out and about. Turn it into a game and you will start seeing them everywhere.
- Label. Print out our Mix and Match Number Word Cards and label things around the house or classroom. Ask you child to count something - cuddly toys, lego bricks, biscuits - and find the correct number card.
- Mix and match. Use our Mix and Match Number Word Cards with our Mix and Match Number Symbol cards and play matching games or Memory. You could add in some of our Mix and Match Dot Cards too. Find all our Mix and Match cards here.
- Read stories with numbers in them and point out the number words to your children.
- Watch videos with number words. You will find a curated collection below that we have checked and found to be fun and useful.
- Start with finger tracing. We have some appealing finger tracing worksheets for the number words in the resources below, with large numbers to colour in.
- Move on to tracing worksheets. You will find a variety of simple dotted letter and more advanced handwriting worksheets below in the resources section.
There are two sheets in the pdf file, with five numbers per sheet. Children can practice writing the number words from 1 to 10, and colour in the numbers alongside the words.
This worksheet has two lists of number words, with ten in each list. Can the kids put these number words into alphabetical order? Great as a solo activity or as a classroom challenge, maybe against the clock? Can be used with our Alphabetical Order base.
Help kids learn the number words with the help of our small number word cards, which are designed to mix and match with the other cards in our collection for matching games and activities. We have two sets below: our normal UK school font and a US font.
Have some fun with these bright and appealing monster number playdough mats, each featuring a rather adorable monster to encourage the kids in their endeavours! Fill in the number with playdough and then put the correct number of blobs of playdough into the ten frame.
Here's a simple worksheet which asks children to match the numbers on the left to the number words on the right by drawing a line between them.
Help children learn how to spell the numbers one to ten with these useful cards. Quick and easy to cut or slice!
This set of 11 finger tracing worksheets is designed to introduce your child to the number words for the first time. We've provided a large number symbol as well for them to colour in or perhaps fill with a pattern.
Build confidence with the number words with these tracing worksheets. Children can colour in our quirky number symbols and then trace the letters beneath them.
Here's a fun way to learn the words for the numbers to 10 - hunt for them in this word search puzzle!
This easy to download pack contains the full set of our recognising numbers worksheets from 0-10 to help speed things along. Each worksheet contains a variety of activities to help children reinforce their learning while having fun.