This rooster mask craft makes use of materials that you will probably already have at home, and is a fun activity to do with younger kids for a farm topic or Chinese New Year. Scroll down for instructions.
You will need:
- Paper plate
- Brown paint
- Yellow and red card
- Elastic thread or a craft stick
- Paint the paper plate brown.
- When the paint is dry, carefully cut two eyeholes.
- Cut a 'crown' and a wattle (beard) from red card and glue on to the plate.
- Cut a beak from yellow card and glue on.
- For your child to wear the rooster mask, either make a hole on either side of the plate and tie some elastic through, or tape a craft stick to the bottom of the plate so that the mask can be held in front of your child's face.