Cheer up your outlook with a collection of cheerful tartan Scottie dogs! Using a paper plate for the "mobile" element of our Scottie dog mobile made this a quick and easy way to display our collection of Scotties.
You will need:
Tartan paper (or whatever you prefer). We have a pretty blue tartan paper you can print, here.
- Use our small scottie dog template to cut 8 dogs facing right from tartan paper, and 8 dogs facing left.
- Match the dogs into pairs, one right facing and one left.
- Glue the dogs back to back with tartan facing outwards, sandwiching a piece of ribbon between them.
- Make 8 holes around the edge of the paper plate and one in the centre. We did this quickly by pushing through with a pencil.
- Thread a length of ribbon through the centre hole and knot underneath. This is to hang the mobile.
- Thread the ribbons from the dogs through the holes around the outside of the place, tying a knot to hold each in place.