We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. They were last updated on 17th May 2018.
This website, Activity Village, is operated by Small Publishing Ltd.
By browsing and downloading content from Activity Village (our website), whether as a visitor or Member, you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
1. Our Company
Activity Village (also known as www.ActivityVillage.co.uk, ActivityVillage.co.uk etc) is a part-free part-membership website owned by Small Publishing Ltd. Small Publishing Ltd is registered in England and Wales under company no. 5745504. When we refer below to Activity Village for short, please read it as "Activity Village and Small Publishing Ltd".
2. Our Services
Activity Village provides of free crafts, games, information and activity resources (free content) through the website. Our free content is available to all visitors.
Activity Village provides Members-only content upon payment of an annual fee for an Individual Membership or Group Membership. We also sometimes refer to this as Activity Village Membership.
We reserve the right to change the pricing and/or availability of our free content and Members-only content for any reason and without notice.
Activity Village is not responsible for non-delivery or technical limitations of the end user for any reason. We provide a Help Desk and Contact form if you need help.
- If you object to anything on our website, please let us know by contacting us via our Help Desk, with as much detail as possible. We take your views into account and will take whatever action we deem appropriate (including, sometimes, no action).
- We do occasionally make mistakes and are grateful when you alert us to them. We will correct mistakes where appropriate and possible, but have no obligation to do so.
- We always do our best to be accurate, but Activity Village does not guarantee the accuracy of any content provided.
- Some of our content (for example, our Famous People and History pages) may mention old-fashioned views, beliefs or practices. Just because we mention them doesn't mean we promote or condone them.
- We are not responsible if information on our website is not accurate, complete or current.
- We are not responsible for the way you use the information on our website.
4. Activity Village Membership
- Activity Village Membership is a time-limited account on our website provided to you upon payment of a fee.
- We provide Members (you) with a designated user account, for which each you will provide a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the account, and for all activities that occur in your account. You agree to notify Activity Village immediately of unauthorised use or breach of security, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session if you share access to a computer or device.
- Please remember that your account is strictly for your use only and you may not share your username and password or use your account to download and print for anyone else and in volume.
- Accounts are subject to an acceptable use policy, and user accounts are monitored. Accounts that are found to be downloading excessive resources are subject to review.
- In accordance with our Copyright Terms, you will not redistribute any resources downloaded through Activity Village Membership and you understand that any resources you download from our website are for your use only.
- You agree to abide by the Activity Village Copyright terms. See point 15 below.
- You agree that a breach of any of the general Terms and Conditions will lead to your Activity Village Membership being immediately suspended. It is at Activity Village's absolute discretion as to whether your account will be reinstated.
- You understand and agree that we will monitor your usage of our website to allow us to determine whether a violation has, or is, occurring.
- You understand and agree that once you download any items from our website you lose your right to cancel Membership.
- Due to the electronic nature of the services provided (and as all Membership content is available to view freely before you purchase a Membership) you understand and agree that we are unable to offer refunds.
- For your safety, credit/debit card details are not stored on our servers nor shared with third parties.
- You acknowledge that all our website content remains the property of Activity Village and Small Publishing Ltd at all times.
- It is up to you to provide a working email address for your account, so that we may provide our services to you. Activity Village is not responsible for non-receipt of transactional or essential emails.
5. International Use
Users from all over the world have access to our website. We comply with the laws of England and Wales. If you are resident in a country outside of the United Kingdom you use our website at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Small Publishing Ltd harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, costs, claims and expenses incurred directly or indirectly (including reasonable legal fees) incurred in connection with or arising out of your violation of these Terms and Conditions, any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third parties related to the use of our free content, our website and our Members-only content. This indemnity includes both any liability to third parties, and other costs and losses incurred by Small Publishing Ltd.
7. Usage and Modification of Our Services
- Activity Village reserves the right to de-activate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time.
- Activity Village reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any of our services, with or without notice.
- You agree that Activity Village shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of our services.
8. Consequences of Violating This Agreement
If you violate, breach or act against the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions, Activity Village reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to our website and our Members-only content, even if your Membership period is not finished. We may take any other action against you if we feel it is appropriate.
9. Links to Other Websites or Resources
Where links are provided to other websites or resources, Activity Village has no control over these sites and resources and is not responsible for their availability, does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
You acknowledge and agree that Activity Village shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
10. Embedded Content
We no longer, to our knowledge, embed content on our website.
11. Use of Activity Village materials
12. Availability of our Website
We do our best, but do not guarantee that our website will operate continuously without interruptions or be error free.
13. Limitations of liability
Small Publishing Ltd's liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence) with regard to these Terms and Conditions, use of the Website and/or any service shall be limited to the greater of: (a) £15 and (b) the price paid by you to Small Publishing Ltd under any contract during the 3 months preceding the event giving rise to the claim.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that Small Publishing Ltd shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, nor for direct or indirect loss of profits revenue, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, opportunity, reputation, business interruption, use, data or intangible losses even if Small Publishing Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for fraud or for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Small Publishing Ltd.
In no case shall Small Publishing Ltd, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
14. Events outside our control
Small Publishing Ltd will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions or any Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control ("Force Majeure Event"). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Viruses and cyber attacks.
- Power or other failure affecting any part of our servers, premises or any other part of our service
Small Publishing Ltd's performance under any Terms and Conditions or any contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance during that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Terms and Conditions or any Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
15. Intellectual property
The contents of our website are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owner of these rights is Small Publishing Ltd or other third party licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned in our website are the trade marks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners including us.
Any material or information downloaded from our website is subject to Copyright Terms. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information downloaded from our website without prior written authorisation from a director of Small Publishing Ltd.
You acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms of our Privacy Statement.