We have versions with boys and girls for these bright and cheerful thank you notes. Perfect for older children who are ready to write a longer note.
Saying Thank You
Learning to say "thank you" is an important part of growing up. And it's not all about sending thank you letters after birthdays and Christmas! Showing children how easy it is to show our appreciation, modelling ways of doing so for them, and encouraging them to say thank you often in their everyday lives is easy to do and so important. After all, study after study is now showing that people (and children) who are grateful for the little things are often the happiest, too. So get into the gratitude habit and throw some thank you's around!
We've pulled together some ideas for a brainstorming session with the kids about saying thank you - what makes it important, why you should do it, etc. And we've also pulled together some of our printable activities that have saying thank you as their theme.
Brainstorming Saying Thank You
- How do you feel when someone says thank you to you?
- How do you feel when you say thank you to someone else?
- Does it make a difference when we say thank you? How big a difference?
- Do people always notice when you do something kind or useful, and thank you? Does it matter if they do?
- Do you need to thank someone for doing their job? For example, should you say thank you to your teacher at the end of the day, or to the attendant in a shop when you buy something?
- Is saying thank you the same as being grateful?
- What is gratitude?
- Who do you say thank you to most often?
- Should you thank your parents?
- Should you thank your friends?
- How do you know if someone really means it when they say thank you?
- Do you write thank you letters when you receive a gift? Why / why not?
- Can you think of some interesting ways to say thank you?
Saying Thank You Printables
These pretty little thank you notelet cards are available in a choice of blues, pinks or red and yellow.
These curvy thanky you notes have a touch of theatrical elegance. You can choose from 3 colour options.
Good pirates can thank their shipmates for their birthday loot using our fun pirate-themed Thank You cards. We've got a blank design and also a design with some text to make writing the cards a little easier.
These pretty sparkly thank you notelets are perfect to write a note to thank a special person for their help.
This lovely thank you card has the added benefit of needing very little printer ink - but it still looks fabulous, especially if you print it on to good card. Keep some on stock for the kids to use for thank you letters, perhaps.
Sometimes a card that says a big "thank you" is just what you need! This one prints at A5 size, and looks fabulous on glossy card if you have it. Use your printer's borderless settings for the best results.
Let someone know that you appreciate how kind they've been by sending them this cheerful card that simply says "Thank you for being kind".
This colourful "Thank you for being kind" writing paper is perfect for writing a thank you letter to a friend or relative for a kind gift, or just to say thank you to someone who's done something nice for you...
I designed this poster with Teacher Appreciation Day in mind - but there could be many other uses for it.
This lovely printable makes a special way to say thank you - perfect for Teacher Appreciation, or for any children's group thank you. We've left some blank lines at the bottom for you or your child to write your own words.
These thank you postcards are perfect for any occasion where you want to say thank you - perhaps thanking someone for birthday or Christmas presents or for an act of kindness. We have lined and blank versions of each design too.
If you print these postcards onto glossy card they will really stand out. What quicker and easier to say thank you than to drop a postcard into the post!