These wool hearts are so simple to make and as you can see, they can come out in lovely vibrant colours! You will need patience while the glue dries, though, so make sure they are far away from little fingers.
You will need:
- PVA glue
- Food wrap
- Water down some pva glue in a bowl, approximately one part water to two parts glue.
- Cut a length of wool and soak it in the glue.
- Spread out the food wrap on a flat surface (good idea to use a tray or something you can move).
- Arrange the glue soaked yarn into a heart shape on the food wrap and twist the rest of the yarn in a random pattern over the top.
- Set aside to dry. Be patient - it will take at least 24 hours.
- When the heart is dry, peel off the food wrap.
- You could use the wool heart to top a card. We tied lengths of wool to ours and hung them in the window.