This 70 collage craft is a simple idea but it is perfect to get all ages of children involved and excited about the Queen's Platinum Jubilee 2022. If having a go at home, perhaps older siblings can help younger siblings cut out the numbers. Alternatively you could have them ready prepared.
Why not make a HUGE 70 and make it a class project? You could paint the numbers in silver first, then decorate when dry.
Are you having a street party? You could put together a table of decorations and pre-cut numbers for the children to decorate.
This would also be a fun craft activity for children to make for a grandparent, other relation or friend who is about to celebrate their 70th birthday!
You will need:
- Cardboard – we used an old cardboard box
- Decorations. We cut flowers and stars from old birthday cards. You could use patriotic red, white and blue, or choose silver colours to represent "platinum" - or just go for a colourful assortments of sequins, glitter, feathers, stickers, scraps of paper and anything else that takes your fancy! How about using our cut and stick jewels? Or some of our smaller Union Jack printables?
- Our 70 template below (optional)
- Cut the number 70 out of cardboard. As the middle of the zero which can be a bit tricky, an adult may need to help younger children with this.
- Decorate the numbers!
- Put your numbers on display. You could string them up as a banner, or pin them to a bulletin board.