Grab your colouring pencils and print out this South Sudan flag colouring page. It's a colourful flag, but the details of simple to colour in.
Learn about South Sudan with the help of our flag printables and worksheets. You can enjoy some interesting facts about South Sudan with the kids, too, below!
A Little About South Sudan
- The Republic of South Sudan is the world’s youngest independent country, having been granted independence from Sudan in July 2011.
- This young landlocked nation of around 12.5m people is located in Central Eastern Africa, south of Sudan, bordering on Ethiopia, Kenya,Uganda, DRC and Central African Republic from the east in clockwork order .
- The White NiIe, is known as ‘ Bahr-Al-Jabal’ or the ‘Mountain Nile’, enters from the Ugandan border and flows north towards to the Sudd wetland region on Sudan’s border.
- The people of South Sudan have endured civil wars since 2013, leading tragically to around 380,000 deaths and millions of refugees.
- Juba, the capital and largest city, sits on the Nile River, although there are vague plans to move the capital to Ramciel, which is more central.
- South Sudan is a predominately black African, Christian and animist country, with an Arabic minority. The main ethnic groups are Dinka and Nuer peoples.
- South Sudan has a very large number of languages although English is the official language, with Swahili also being adopted.
- It was a very undeveloped region before independence, with high maternal mortality, low female literacy and few paved roads.
- South Sudan has extensive oil reserves, producing 170,000 barrels a day.
- The Boma National Park is huge at 22,800 km sq. and home to an annual migration of over one million antelope.
The South Sudan Flag
The South Sudan flag is similar to the flags of Sudan and Kenya but has a yellow star inside the blue triangle that represents the unity of South Sudan. It was adopted on the 9th of July 2011.
Our South Sudan Resources
Here are four sizes of the South Sudan flag to print for use in craft projects, at home or at school.
Help children locate, and then learn the location of, South Sudan, with these fun location worksheets.
This outline map of Africa shows South Sudan's land-locked central position within the continent very clearly.