Turn a paper plate and some feathers into a beautiful cockatoo, perfect to put out on display as part of a bird or Aussie theme, or just to make because ... well, why not!
You will need:
Scrap of yellow paper
Yellow and white feathers
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Glue one half to the plate overlapping the other as your body and wing.
- Cut a tail from white card and a circle for the head. You can get an idea of size and shape from our photo below. Glue into position.
- Glue white feathers over the wing and tail.
- Glue yellow feathers to the back of the head for the cockatoo's crest.
- Cut a beak from the yellow paper and glue in place.
- Draw an eye on your cockatoo!