Looking for bat crafts, printables, and colouring pages? We've got them all! You can learn a little about bats, their life cycle and their hibernation habits too.
Fun Bat Facts
- The bumblebee bat is the size of a bumblebee and weighs only 2g - or 0.07oz! It is also known as Kitti's hog-nosed bat because it has a pig-like snout.
- The biggest bat is called the giant golden-crowned flying fox and has a wingspan of more than 150cm (59 inches). I wouldn't want to meet one of those in the evening!
- Bats are the only mammals that can fly for long periods. They cannot take off (start flying) from the ground; they need to fall to start flying.
- Most bats eat insects (about 70%) or fruit (about 30%). They are useful animals, spreading seed and keeping down the insect population and therefore reducing the need for insecticides.
- Bats are found all over the world except for the North and South Poles.
- The bat is one of only three animals that hibernate in the United Kingdom. The other two are dormice and hedgehogs.
- It is the vampire bat, which feeds on the blood of other animals, that is the bat we know from Halloween celebrations!
Our Bat Resources
We have individual bat colouring pages, bat scene colouring pages, and bat colour by numbers here....
Practise handwriting, have a go at a bat symmetry worksheet, take on a jigsaw or find out some fun...
Whether you are looking for some bat puzzles to add a bit of fun to a wildlife project or perhaps...