Looking for bat crafts, printables, and colouring pages? We've got them all! You can learn a little about bats, their life cycle and their hibernation habits too.
Fun Bat Facts
- The bumblebee bat is the size of a bumblebee and weighs only 2g - or 0.07oz! It is also known as Kitti's hog-nosed bat because it has a pig-like snout.
- The biggest bat is called the giant golden-crowned flying fox and has a wingspan of more than 150cm (59 inches). I wouldn't want to meet one of those in the evening!
- Bats are the only mammals that can fly for long periods. They cannot take off (start flying) from the ground; they need to fall to start flying.
- Most bats eat insects (about 70%) or fruit (about 30%). They are useful animals, spreading seed and keeping down the insect population and therefore reducing the need for insecticides.
- Bats are found all over the world except for the North and South Poles.
- The bat is one of only three animals that hibernate in the United Kingdom. The other two are dormice and hedgehogs.
- It is the vampire bat, which feeds on the blood of other animals, that is the bat we know from Halloween celebrations!
Our Bat Resources
Lots NEW! Practice handwriting, have a go at some symmetry, take on a jigsaw or find out some fun...
Whether you are looking for some bat puzzles to add a bit of fun to a wildlife project or perhaps...